At Multibeam Corporation, we innovate technology that will shape the future of microelectronics. Now is a critical time — we are launching a product that could impact everything from the next generation IoT (internet of things) to the security of your smartphone.
We believe the key to our success will be our people. Our best employees love what they do and bring unique backgrounds to our fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. We are managed by some of the brightest in Silicon Valley, including Dr. David K. Lam, founder and prior CEO of Lam Research (>$80 billion market cap). We’re looking to expand our team with like-minded individuals who want to grow with us. Most importantly, we want you to be passionate, have fun, and uphold our team values of mutual respect, integrity, as well as collaboration.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for design, implementation, debug and continuous improvement of software components that operate and control Multibeam’s electron-beam lithography systems.
This role requires experience in requirements analysis, specification, design, programming, test, and debug, of equipment monitoring and control systems. The position requires at least 2 years of relevant experience in software development projects involving significant hardware/software integration.
This position is based at our headquarters in Santa Clara, California.
FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and improve software for embedded (single board computer, Linux) and Windows platforms
- Develop methodologies and scripts to facilitate software verification and testing
- Measure (profile) and optimize use of computing resources (CPU, memory, I/O peripheral resources, etc.) and performance
- Troubleshoot complex systems that combine software, hardware and electronics; and collaborate closely with cross-functional team members (e.g. electrical, mechanical, process and software engineers)
- Innovate where needed and show leadership and ownership to get great results.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in semiconductor equipment industry (or a similar capital equipment automation industry) is highly desired
- Experience integrating control of hardware components using discrete, serial, field-bus or network device communications is desired
- Experience with distributed systems and event-driven software architecture is desired
- Significant hands-on programming and debugging experience with C/C++, Python, and/or C#/.NET for embedded (single-board computer) or rack-mount computer platforms is required
- Experience with distributed system architectures (e.g. event-driven), inter-process communication patterns (e.g. client/server, publish/subscribe), and development tools (e.g. MQTT) are highly desired
- Experience with configuration and customization of PEER Group PEER Tool Orchestrator solutions is desired
- Experience with semiconductor industry standards is desired
- Experience with modern software version control and development operations tools and practices is required (e.g. Git, packages, pull requests, automated build and test)
EDUCATION and TRAINING
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science (CS), electrical engineering (EE), or a related field; or substantial (> 3 years) prior experience in a related role
|Payment||$140,000 to $180,000 Annually|
|Benefits||401k, dental, medical, vision,|